SET-DB Thyroid Treatments
May of 2020
I began to have negative symptoms linked to my thyroid. Some of the worst symptoms I experienced were:
- Muscle weakness
- Joint pain
- Uncontrollable weight gain
- Foggy brain
- Poor memory
As a woman, as well as an avid powerlifter, runner, personal trainer and health coach, it was one of the most difficult things to experience. Using all my skills and knowledge, I tried to solve the situation on my own. By August, my symptoms were getting worse. After seeing my general practitioner and gynecologist, I had my blood drawn. In September I had a clue as to what was going on.
It Was Time to Do Something
I’d been a client at Forum Health Clarkston for many years. They had been instrumental in my previous healing journey, so I felt confident and comfortable we would discover and address the root cause for my symptoms. I began my SET-DB treatments with them in October of 2020 with a questionnaire to assess the severity of my symptoms~My first score was an 80 of 200 (severe).
By February of 2021~My last score was a 3.
I’m getting toward the end of my thyroid treatments with Alyssa and I am feeling so much better!
- One of the first things I noticed was a reduction in my joint pain and muscle weakness, which went down from a 10 (worst) to a 5 or 6.
- Gradually, my sleep has improved; I am waking up less often through the night.
- My alertness and energy has improved to where I felt energized enough to recently complete my Health and Lifestyle Coaching certification online with no difficulty!
- The mental fog has lifted and poor memory I experienced is gone.
- As we desensitized my body to certain foods, environmental toxins, and other irritants, I began to see my weight trend downwards.
- I have been able to return to regular weight lifting and working with a personal trainer. Best of all, running is back on the agenda!
I am still a work in progress, but I am confident that this style of treatment along with lifestyle modifications has once again saved my skin! Throughout this process, I have felt so grateful for the support, guidance, and compassion from Alyssa, the SET-DB program and the always amazing Forum Health Clarkston staff! Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!