College can be one of the most exciting experiences in a young person’s life! The new environment, independence, and the freedom to explore and learn new things are just a few of the perks that come with attending college. It can also be a time for unhealthy routines that lead to terrible food choices, stress, and sleep disruptions. These poor habits will quickly take a toll on anyone’s physical and mental well-being. That’s why it’s essential for all college students to detox after a semester of college and bring the body back to balance.
Detoxing refers to the process of removing toxins from your body. It’s a way to help your body rid itself of harmful substances that accumulate over time due to unhealthy habits and environments.
What are the Benefits of Detoxing?
- Boosts the immune system – College students are exposed to various illnesses and diseases, particularly when they live in dorms or share communal spaces. Detoxing can help boost the immune system and help students fight off infections and illnesses.
- Improves mental health – College can be stressful, and some students turn to unhealthy habits such as binge-eating, binge-drinking, or vaping to cope with the pressure. Detoxing can help reduce anxiety, improve mood, and enhance mental clarity, making it easier to manage stress and anxiety.
- Improves sleep – College students often struggle with sleep deprivation due to late-night study sessions, social activities, or unhealthy habits such as consuming caffeine or alcohol. Detoxing can help improve sleep quality and help students feel more energized and focused during the day.
- Improves digestion – College students often consume unhealthy food options such as fast food, processed foods, and sugary snacks. These types of foods can lead to digestive issues such as bloating, constipation, or diarrhea. Detoxing can help improve digestion, leading to better nutrient absorption and overall health.
- Resets the body – College life can take a toll on the body, and detoxing can help reset the body’s systems. It can help remove harmful toxins and restore balance to the body’s natural functions, leading to better health and well-being.
College students should consider detoxing after finishing each semester to help improve their physical and mental well-being. Detoxing can help boost the immune system, improve mental health, enhance sleep quality, improve digestion, and reset the body. It’s a way to help students feel their best and get ready for the challenges of the upcoming year.
At Forum Health, we have many programs designed to help students rid their bodies of those accumulated college-life toxins! From a 10-day detox to a health program with one of our Functional Medicine Nutritionists, our experts will find the right program to fit your needs!